The flavors of this dish are meant for summer dining. It’s quick and easy to prepare, all it needs as accompaniment is a lovely loaf of artisanal bread, olive oil and a glass of chilled white wine. Heaven. There’s something so refreshingly delicious about the combination of lemon and mint and the feta adds a little creamy taste. If you’re looking for an extra depth of deliciousness add pat of butter to the pan. Have plenty of napkins ready and don’t be shy to lick your fingers.
1 1/b cleaned, jumbo shrimp
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 zest and juice of a lemon
1/3 cup white wine
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
About 1-1 1/2 cups fresh mint
1/2 cup good quality feta
1 baguette or artisan bread of your choice
extra virgin olive oil for drizzling over the bread
1. Dry the shrimp with paper towels, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper, a pinch of sea salt and red pepper flakes.
2. Heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive in large skillet, add the shrimp and saute until pink and just cooked through. Take care not to overcook.
3. Transfer the shrimp to a platter and cover with aluminum foil to rest.
4. Add the garlic and saute for a minute or two, then add the wine zest and juice of the lemon. Turn up the heat and deglaze the pan.
5. After about 2 minutes pour the liquid over the shrimp.
6. Squeeze over the juice of another lemon and scatter over the mint and feta.
7. Serve with the bread, more feta and olive oil.