Nothing could be simpler than to cook a steak on the stove top. If you have a grill pan now’s the time to use it, if not, you don’t need one. A frying pan or skillet will work perfectly. This is absolutely foolproof, it will melt in your mouth and only takes about 10 minutes to make start to finish. Strip steak is wonderful for this, it’s not cheap but as you know, you shouldn’t actually be eating a lot of red meat so when you do it seems fitting to splurge. If you can find it buy grass fed. I don’t really eat anything with it but a pat of herb butter smeared on the top doesn’t hurt.
Steak on the Stove.
1 Strip Steak for each person
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Dry you steaks and trim them of all the fat.
2. Smear them with olive oil, then liberally sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano.
3. Heat your grill pan or skillet on a high heat until hot. Make sure the pan is dry, don’t add any oil, as it will smoke.
4. Lay the steaks in the pan but don’t overcrowd them or they won’t brown.
5. Depending on how thick your steaks are cook for 4 minutes, then flip them over, turn down the heat a little and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
6. Remove the steaks from the pan and cover tightly with aluminium foil. Allow the steaks to rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.